Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Please help my g60 - Err where were we? Page 42

met gav today(h100vw) sound guy,think he just came for a drive in my rado though. :wink: :lol:

Neil, it was a revelation after Clifford the big red dub. :roll:

Something a miss for sure but exactly what I don't know. A run on the rollers with all the diagnostics connected would help.

Only ever seen that done by Kershaws in York. You can monitor the timing mixture etc on a screen and see when any of them go out of limits.

The enigine is basically in sound condition though. it sounds to be very 'tight' no big mileage rattles or squeaks at all.

Gavin

met gav today(h100vw) sound guy,think he just came for a drive in my rado though. :wink: :lol:

Neil, it was a revelation after Clifford the big red dub. :roll:

:lol:

i was glad to hear you say it sounded like it was in good nick gav,need that bloody wheel bearing sorting though. :oops:

the place in york sounds cool 8)

neil.

wcrado, havent tried running it without a chip,it wont run will it?
i meant with a standard g60 chip, if you have one. don't know if it's worth noting or not, but in my handbook it recommends 95 RON petrol for a g60. 16v's are recommended at 98 RON. maybe give the optimax a miss? i dunno, clutching at straws! with the ecu, i meant that if, as you suspect, the performance chips could be to blame for your problem, is there any way you can just try it on a standard g60 ecu? i know you've modded it to work with a chip, but if u think this is your problem isn't it worth finding out? can u get the ecu tested? i had mine tested a while back to try and find a performance problem, it had to be removed from the car to be tested but came back ok.

i'd def go for a session on the rollers, not a shoot-out, book one in.

oh i see what you mean m8,the new ecu came with a standard chip.

after the problem appeared i tried the standard chip and it ran the same :(

but saying that,theres only the flat spot/hesitancy problem now...

ill try the new chip and if no improvement,then stuff it ill try the standard one again.

not sure if the ecu can be tested?

thanks,neil.

new chip finally turned up today.

put it in and the tickover was crap,lumpy and low.

didnt really get chance to wind it up on the way home though,feckin traffic. :x but the revs seemed to be hanging around if you know what i mean,felt crap tbh.

ill see what its like tommorow.

neil.

I have heard that Wayne of Chip Wizards has a place of his own now. I'll find out the detials unless you go on cgti. Find Janet Edwardson and ask her where he is. Huddersfield rings a bell. Say I sent you.

Gavin

has the new chip made it worse ?

darren,its given me a crap lumpy tickover and the revs hang around when driving/changing gear.

not sure if its cured the problem as i couldnt wind it up,need to get on a good long road tommorow and give it some stick.

I have heard that Wayne of Chip Wizards has a place of his own now. I'll find out the detials unless you go on cgti. Find Janet Edwardson and ask her where he is. Huddersfield rings a bell. Say I sent you.

Gavin

ive heard waynes name mentioned before,is he handy with the g60's?

what ya reckon gav?

or give andy a bell now ive got the new chip in?

neil.

g60pops dont think he has changed the rear offside indicator bulb yet :lol:

:wink: :lol:

well,took it for a propper hammering this morning :evil:

drove it like i used to drive when i was younger :oops:

the flat spot didnt show up once :) and it pulled cleanly all the way to 6kish(pointless winding it up that far i know),i kept slowing/into 2nd/winding it up into 4th and it was the same each time.

but it runs lumpy and the revs are hanging around,when i let off the throttle it sort of carries on going/running on.

what to do now?

cheers,neil.

Neil i had the "hang on revs thing" with my G60 abd when i disconnected the electrical connection from the isv it cured it, is it ok other than that? Does it rev up when you turn it on first?

it ticks over around 1200rpm and then settles pretty low,around 650rpm,but its lumpy too.

when i unplug the bts the revs do drop so that seems ok,plus the idle screw is all the way in.

i could turn it out,but the revs already hang around too much when driving.i think the isv is ok too.

im just wondering about it needing another set up now or something?

can my car be mapped? with the sns? :oops:

it'll need re-setting up for idle and on the CO pot with a proper exhaust gas meter thingy now you have a properly working ECU... ;)

if you get a remap, they tend to read your existing chip into their PC and then modify the map that's then on the laptop... the final map is then burnt back onto a new chip which is the one that's then fitted to your car...

My chip's map is based on an SNS chip that I bought so I have the no-lag code, but my map is spot on for the engine in my car... 8)

ah cool i get it :D

is there anyway they can be mapped on the road? or on the rollers?

or is that not needed?

any reccomendations for this?

ideally someone who could set it up at the same time,gav mentioned andy walker to me,does he have the facilities? or wayne at chip wizards?

cheers,neil.

Riley I wouldnt say you need it realy mate, your chip wont be far off as you arnt running that much of a modified spec. you just need your co setting up.

cheers ant,yeah suppose its best to have everything set up and then see how it runs. 8)

where you guys reccomend?

neil.

go and see a local MOT station who will have a gas analyser... it'll only take 5 mins to set the emissions and tickover up, and that should make it drive completely differently... 8)

ian,i have a gas aniliser me self :D

can you tell me the correct procedure for this? sorry to be on such a crap/boring subject here :(

neil.