Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

New car time for me. Not a corrado though

Well after much deliberation and many months without a car I've picked this baby up. It's a very different drive to the VR6 but it's a lot of fun. It's quicker than my mates R32 golf but rubbish for launching off the line. :?

49638-1.jpg

I've been deliberating as to what car to get for a while but when I saw this I pretty much did the deal the day after it was listed. The car is mint and drives like new. It's the first RWD car I've owned so I'm learning new skills quickly.

I still really miss the Corrado (which I sold to Zippy - hello mate!) and I was actually keeping an eye out for another one. I almost did a deal on one in Scotland that was listed here.

I may well come back to Corrado ownership. If I find a minter I may well pick it up and put it in storage for a few years. Thanks for all the help with the Corrado. I've only posted this message as I still lurk here and you lot seem a very well balanced bunch of enthusiasts rather than badge snobs who only appreciate one car.

Cheers.

Rawhide

nice cars, had a little play with one of those recently in my mk3 down the A11, was quicker than me, but not as much as i thought but then revving to 9k might help a lot!!!

Yep - it certainly does go well. Sounds nice at full chat as well. I have to be honest and say that below 5k it reminded me of a transit van!! It sounds dull compared to the symphony of a VR6.

You need to pay attention to drive it quickly. You could very easily be caught out if in too high a gear.

Nice selection, possibly one of the best engineered engines ever IMO. And its good it takes a bit more input to get the best out of it, unlike a VR! You have to mod it further tho!

Good Stuff Neil. You said you were on the lookout for one they sound like a hoot, Zippy is running fine by the way and even made it to E38. Cheers, Rog.