Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Hello from the Dutch Motorway / Apres Karmann!!

After a long day switching my inlet & exhaust manifold gaskets and the flexi coupling thingy (Yes that is a technical term) on my 'rocco (Pain in the ass get someone else to do it!) I can say that 2cc is still recovering from his exertions to Karman and back.

To be honest I would skip E38 next year if it clashed with a prospective Karman trip as it is something that I would really like to do.

I'll definately be looking to book the time off again next year to do this, regardless of what i'm doing and what i'm driving!

Not so keen on tackling that traffic in Holland again though.. what a shocker that was! :shock:

just back lads from the "Euro-Trip"! Nurburg ring was a blast!!!

thanks to Eric for all his organising! It wouldn't have been possible without him!

Just looked through the photos there and nobody got any pics of the Irish on the beer!!! shocked I am!

Anyways I have plenty of ye drunk and talking shite which I will post after I get some sleep. Done about 600miles today in the corrado France to UK to sligo Ireland...needez sleep!

regardless of what i'm doing and what i'm driving!

Jim, you're always welcome to join in my Rado (or whatever I might take next year (plans are taking shape of actually taking the max fun car, yes, the Mk1 Rocco :-) ) and do some driving again :-)

Not so keen on tackling that traffic in Holland again though..

You weren't even driving! Imagine what it's like for the driver, bit of road rage :lol:

@ Dave: Good to see you got back home OK :-) Good to have had you on board of this trip as well.

Irish on the beer!!!

Don't worry, the distinct shift in music on Friday night emerging from the party tent said it all :lol:

switching my inlet & exhaust manifold gaskets and the flexi coupling thingy (Yes that is a technical term) on my 'rocco (Pain in the ass get someone else to do it!)

Did that together with a manifold replacement (Supersprint 4-2-1 branch) on my Mk2 Storm Rocco last winter, patience was the key to success, I have to admit, unfortunately I rarely have patience :oops: Generally the Roccos are still soooo much easier to work on than the Rado, which is why I love them to bits. For me DIY-friendliness has increasingly become a factor by which I judge a car, hence rejecting all of today's modern rubbish, where you can't do anything yourself any more.

I can say that 2cc is still recovering from his exertions to Karman and back

What? We better take it easy on Chris next time then :lol: Or was it because I turned down his offer to dunk my cookies in his coffee on the ferry to Hook of Holland ? :lol:

Anyway, I've just completed an article on the whole event for a future edition of the CCGB Sprinter magazine, and one in German for the German "53" magazine.

Tempest

Just looked through the photos there and nobody got any pics of the Irish on the beer!!! shocked I am!

Anyways I have plenty of ye drunk and talking **** which I will post after I get some sleep.

Dave, pleased you had a good trip, and I think Keith has some evidence of the Irish liking a shandy, but I haven't seen his pictures yet. I think he said he had one of me and Nuala asking the DJ to play Michael Hasselhoff. Does she remember that? The look of amused recognition on everyone's faces when it got played was a pleasure to behold!

By the way, I have what I think is your frosted Karmann mug (with a little chip in it?). It was in the crate of beer that I brought back! I guess I'll hold onto it until you arrange your 'Corrado of Ireland' meet!

@ supercharged

Nice to meet you too buck, had a great time.

@Keith + The Leningrad Cowboy/Paul

We had a great time at the Nurburg ring, pity you guys couldn't come. Don't think I set any new speed record with my Corrado, I just babied her around the track. Make sure you get Keith to send me on any pics he got! I'll put up a link to mind as soon as I get them sorted!

That mug belongs to Irish Paul, ah I think he'll be ok without it :)

The Hasselhoff song was a blast!

How long did it take you to drive from the camp site down to the Nurburgring mate? Curious to know as we're planning on including it on next years visit to Germany! :)

Thats not too bad.. I was expecting an enormously long drive! Thats definately made visiting the ring next year a dead cert :D