dcuk

Gearchange.....

RESULT!!! .... Checked mine and its missing, Got stealers to order both listed parts in, picking them up tomorrow.

Over the moon its an easy 40p fix!!

Cheers Guys!!

its certainly a buzz when you keep spending a fortune!!!

by the way what the little electrical connector under the gaitor surround for??

looks kike its never been connected to anythin!just sits on a neat little rack.

Just out of curiosity, would a cable change passat have the same circlip? My local vag dealer takes an age to get parts in so if I'm missing this one a secondhand one could be a nice quick fix while I wait :wink:

Second gear does not like to be rushed similar to whats been described here, so hopefuly thats my problem!

Just out of curiosity, would a cable change passat have the same circlip?

Both clips are regular used on seats, accelerator pedal arms as well as the cable gearchange on both Audi's & VW. For an early / late type clip, take the split at pre'94 and post'94 for gear change but it's not really as clean as that for other parts using the parts as retaining clips on stub ends.

Woohoo, I can now get 2nd gear more than one time in 10 !

For my 1989 16v it was part N 012 328 1 - the best 34p+VAT I have spent in a while.

(I ordered N 012 3276 as well as I saw that mentioned here, another circlip but smaller)

As an aside...if any1 could pls take a more detailed pic of this one I'd be grateful:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/download.php?id=20705

I'm not sure where the spring in the right picture (to the left of the lever / red circle) should be going exactly...my spring goes under that bit of metal with the hole in it but doesn't appear to have the bit that sits on top...

Thanks, Dan