Sign in to follow this  
R1-Jay

MOT Time

Just booked the car in for its MOT, earliest they could do was Thursday.

Hopefully it'll go through as i spent a whole weekend doing a cut/clay bar, polish & waxing.

Fingers crossed!

Hopefully it'll go through as i spent a whole weekend doing a cut/clay bar, polish & waxing.

Eek not a new MOT shinyness test? "paint is for pussies" would have problems 8)

Seriously tho, good luck on ur MOT mines gotta have one soon, and the brake pressure regulator is fecked :?

Yes, make sure you don't get a Fail for "dazzling other road-users".

Bix, the chances of the pressure regulator being checked is fairly low I would imagine, unless it is leaking or is completely blocking out the rear brakes. They just check the retardation of the front and back axles independently of each other, and make sure that the effort is even from side to side.

Best wishes

RB

well it failed! after standing for 2 years, the handbrake is low on both sides and there is excessive fuel leaking from the fuel filter! it worrying as i've just had a new one fitted. also noted a loose wing indicator and 2 rubbers on the exhaust not attached to the chassis!

to top it all, when i got to the car, it wouldnt start, either a dodgy starter motor or a relay, it bumped started straight away

all passed now, seems the original garage were just hankering for work as there was nothing wrong with the car, verified by mechanic and another MOT centre

just need to get it insured and taxed now

tell me about it, i want strict one as the mrs will be driving the C, but in the end it appears the original garage were just looking for extra work. Have been assured that the small fuel leak was done within 2 seconds, tighted a jubilee clip and the rest were no-existant faults!