Sign in to follow this  
randal

Windscreen prices...

£550 - Autoglass

£250 - RAC

What's wrong with this picture? :shock:

How can two companies vary so much on price?! Anyone got any lower prices out of insurance? Adrian Flux don't include windscreen cover on their TPFT policies, and seeing as I blatted a pigeon at 70mph... ...I need some new glass. :(

Thanks

randal

£250 is about as good as its going to get mate. I had a new screen on my 16v done in.. er.. about 2001/2 and it cost that much.. and after doing some phoning around, that was as cheap as I could find.

Bugger, I had a feeling that was going to be the response. I'm kicking myself for not getting windscreen cover now.

Still on the upside, one less flying rat infesting the skies. :)

I was quoted £800 for a screen some time back, cacked myself! :lol:

If your fully comp. then just pay £50 for the replacement at no cost to your no claims bonus. Most insurance companies do this.

EDIT: sorry just spotted your TPFT

New 'Securit' screens from VW are £240 + vat, glass companys should be able to get the same screen without the VAG logo for a bit less (Make sure its a proper screen with the scuttle trim attached)

Fitting should take about an hour to 90 mins altho they'll need the car for up to 4 hours as it's a bonden screen and it needs to set - never get it fitted outside!

I had a new windscreen fitted last month £200 cash from a local fitter who works for himself. Top quality saint gobain sekurit screen with a green tint at the top. perfect job.

I had one done last week on the insurance after a stone hit it. Its a green top tint and was £50 for the excess. Nice :) See my link below for piccies of the top tint.

Jay

yep paid 200 for mine from a pair of local lads! did an ok job afterall my seals are tired! but fits ok after some fettlin myself to satisfy perfectoinism.

Ooops bugger... damn pigeons :roll:

take it you've seen the thread about RAC fittings and free body work modification :?

Have you spoken to your insurers to see if they can do anything to help? They may take £200 off you but then say that they will give you cover in future...