Sign in to follow this  
TheWizardofOdds

Is my VR6 about to be smoked?

Rowdy dominates. :2gunfire:

Well team,i cant believe it-won by about 5 car lengths!.And i was braking well before the line.Followed instructions and took the launch reasonably easy.Slipped into 2nd,and from there gave whats known in the business as 'welly'.

Its been teeming with rain the whole day,but had no grip problems at all.We both were paired down,no spare wheel,low gas etc.My mate took an early lead,but only just.I knew i had him from 2nd-3rd though.To say he was p****d off would be an understatement.I suggested another run but when you've just been put to the sword like that(i was actually a bit embarrased)no wonder he never took me up.

I'm absolutely delighted as i thought it would be a lot closer,and on another day maybe that would be the case.

Thanks to all for the tips,went for a spin yesterday just to try out a few of the suggestions and im pretty sure they swung it for me,because i would certainly have thrashed it from the start otherwise.

Long live the Corrado. :cheers:

We never had any doubts.. the MK4 is a lardy machine with less horse power.. it was a given really - especially given the fact it has been raining and he has the heavy surge of torque thanks to the turbocharger, no doubt his traction control was starving him of power through 2nd and 3rd gear :D

Sure your friends and co-workers won't be taking the mickey out of the Corrado any more!

Yeh,you would think that the better traction(at least i would)would give him an advantage.As you say Jim perhaps it starved him of power.I would be pretty p****d at losing like that to an 'old' car too.I think he thought he would walk it. :nono:

The VR is a deceptively quick car - that V6 powerplant is very potent and with a combination of great handling and great performance, the Corrado most definately should never be overlooked!

We've often enjoyed the fact that it still shows up plenty of more modern (and more powerful!) machinery - thats one of its little perks :)

Also here's one of me against a 306 GTi-6. Gotta love the VR6, still faster than almost all the modern VWs.

Is the VR6 still the quickest standard VW ever? I think even the new Mk5 GTi has the same 0-60, I'm not sure about the R32 - that's also more powerful, but has a fat arse.

aye according to the figures, but has anyone gone up against an r32? i've a feeling the VR might get a 'bit of a spanking' off one of those.

aye according to the figures, but has anyone gone up against an r32? i've a feeling the VR might get a 'bit of a spanking' off one of those.

I still think it'll be fairly close though, and apparently it still doesnt handle as well as the C in corners so as long as there are corners eh :wink: