Sign in to follow this  
chris g

What's it worth?

A 1990 Golf GTI 8v with 86k on the clock with fsh in bright blue metalic

This one

new1.jpg

Thinking of doing some sort of deal with him with my Corrado. What do you think?

Mk2's re weird. they don't seem to conform to a set price range. Look in your local autotrader and you'll see big bumper ones in the bargain cars section for £800-odd. Look in the sports section and you'll see very similar ones for anywhere up to £2000. I saw a H-plater and a J-plater in the same autotrader not too long ago, both had done around 100k, both good condition, both black. The H-plater was up for £895 and the J-plater was up for £2500. I shit you not.

well, if you want £2300 for yours, and his is worth a generous £1000 (looking at autotrader for average prices) it works out about right if he gives you his car and a grand, in fact he gets a pretty good deal!

Hmm yeah, i see where your coming from. He seems to think his is worth about 2k for some reason. Not sure where he gets that idea from though. I know he's not going to want to part with any cash so might have to scrap this idea

With petrol prices going up the way that they are i've got to a point where I don't think I can afford to run it anymore. I'm currently putting around £60+ a week in petrol alone!

I would really prefer to do a straight swap for something a bit more economical but would consider selling for around £2300.

I seriously doubt a mk2 8v gti is much more efficient, if any!

well they certainly ain't that good! not as long geared as a VR, not sure the 16v would be that much better, very little in it depending on how you drove it of course. Don't let that put you off tho.