Sign in to follow this  
kebabman

Audi Wheels on a VR

not without an adaptor... they're 5x112, you need 5x100...

Oh, and that'd then screw up your offsets (they're 42 and you need around 35 for a VR IIRC) so basically, no, they won't fit...

Thanks mate. Missed the 5112, was looking for 5x112. :oops:

I'm looking for a set of 16s that aren't too pricey to use as track wheels, but being a poser, I don't want them to look utter-tripe either....which rules out most of the mk4 Golf wheels. Any suggestions?

if they're track wheels you'll want something nice and light...

Cheap sets of OZs, compomotives or speedlines would be well up on my list as they're light, well made and not likely to break halfway around a fast corner if you clip a curb... 8)

How cheap is cheap though? Not wanting to spend much more than a couple of hundred really...without tyres, as I've got cut slicks to go on them.

ooh, look, Subaru are 16" speedlines in 5x100 with a 52mm offset...

clicky!

Lob in a 10mm spacer and Bob's a close relative... ;) Hell, you could even sell the tyres to pay for the spacers and come out with some money off what you pay for 'em! :lol:

Only thing I don't know is what the center bore of the wheels are, that could be a stumbling block as they may not fit over the center spiggot shaft on a VW if they're a smaller internal diameter... :?

well, they're 5x100, so the bolts will line up. They're 52mm offset, so you'd need a spacer to get 'em to be the same offset as standard, but as I say, I have no idea about the center bore sizes and I can't find any info via google at the moment.... :|

Dont mean to hijack this one but 17" tt competition wheels with 225 tyres - would they fit a VR without rubbing? If not, whats needed? Basically I can get 225s more easily and cheaply from my local garage than 205s

well, they're 5x100, so the bolts will line up. They're 52mm offset, so you'd need a spacer to get 'em to be the same offset as standard, but as I say, I have no idea about the center bore sizes and I can't find any info via google at the moment.... :|

I had a thread on this before and im sure it turned out the subaru centre bore was smaller.