Sign in to follow this  
Waz

wrong bonnet

hi all i put my corrado in for am mot a wee while ago and the damaged my bonnet my corrado is a g plat /90 model with the bonnet that gose in in the middle when i picked up my car yesterday after them fitting the new bonnet it was the bonnet with the bulg in the middle which looks terrible "i think" so i phoned vw today and the said they only list one bonnet for the car can any one tell me if this is correct thanks :?

Earlier Corrado's (from launch up to Q2 1992) were fitted with a recessed style bonnet.. to coincide with the launch of the VR6, they changed to bonnet to 'bulge' in the middle - this ran from 1992 until they stopped production of the Corrado.

I'm surprised VW don't have more than one type of bonnet on file (can anyone with ETKA installed confirm this?) - but you might need to look for someone breaking an earlier Corrado for parts!

thats what i said to the guy that fitted the bonnet that it was for a 92 onwards even eurocar parts web site only offer 1 bonnet from 88-92

I'm surprised VW don't have more than one type of bonnet on file (

The part is no longer available (about 10 years now, certainly not listed on the 1995 microfiche). ETKA will only show currently available parts, it's not the build of the car. Even when brand new some of the C fitted parts at the factory were not listed. Applies to all VAG cars.

Which why when you go in sometimes to buy genuine parts you end up with a Polo or Golf equivalent. Volume of spares manufacture and all that on older cars. Nuisance if you are looking to keep the car "original".

In this case the later bonnet fits all C's, so they've standardised the part as the VR6 needs the later version cos of it's height in the engine bay.

Given the current "bulged" hood is 535 823 031A I guess the "dish" version was 535 823 031. I can dig out very old microfiche if some one wants to be anoraking to see if it was ever listed.

If you are adament about a 88- 92 one Waz, scrappers are your only option.

I have late bonnet with early wings, the fit is fine.

Personaly i prefer the later, but visability is reduced!

i have noticed that the top of the wings sit higher than the bonnet

i really dont like the bulg in the bonnet it just dosent suit the sleek lines of the car it makes the front very round or something i justcant put my finger on it but there is somthing i will have to soeak to the body shop and see what action they are prepared to take after all they are paying for it :lol:

Supercharged, the bonnet is the same external dimentions, it's just the bulge that's different...

Waz, if it doesn't fit properly along the tops of the wings, it's not been lined up properly when it was fitted.

I know what you mean about the bulged bonnet though, my H plater has one and I'd have preferred it with the early bonnet to be honest... 8)

Waz, if it doesn't fit properly along the tops of the wings, it's not been lined up properly when it was fitted.

i had a good look at it yesterday and have noticed that the bonnet as lower than the wings at the back but ok at the front could it be that the late style wings are slightly lower at the back compared to the earlyer 1s when i phoned the body shop that fitted it they told me it couldnt be adjusted in hight :?

Waz. The bonnet has not been put on properly, there is adjustment in the hinges at the back which will lift the bonnet up to line up with the wings. I have a late bonnet on mine with earlier wings (I prefer the earlier wings as they sit lower over the wheel although I did notice the wheel is further forward in the arch than with the later wings....) and it all lines up fine.

Jay

I'm not much for the later bonnet, my mate ben has a 92 g60 and next to my 91 g60 i think it looks like its had a front end shunt and bulged it.

I'm not much for the later bonnet, my mate ben has a 92 g60 and next to my 91 g60 i think it looks like its had a front end shunt and bulged it.

to me it looks like its got a swollen forehaed

Waz. The bonnet has not been put on properly, there is adjustment in the hinges at the back which will lift the bonnet up to line up with the wings. I have a late bonnet on mine with earlier wings (I prefer the earlier wings as they sit lower over the wheel although I did notice the wheel is further forward in the arch than with the later wings....) and it all lines up fine.

Jay

cheers jay i will have a go and see how i get on, by the your c' is stunning m8 :notworthy: