Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

WILL AN FTO 2.0 V6 MIVEC "EAT" A VR?

I don't like the pre face lift look. hmm, to beat a charged VR, you better have some mentalist G60!

Great idea tho, I think I might put the 16v badges on my VR, then watch as some supposed boy race charater tries it, LOL.

Now, if you have the intelligence to put these engines into a car, (or if you pay a garage to do it for you) then you're gonna have the sense to strengthen it. One of my mates put his 167bhp XE lump into his 1.1 Nova shell iin

Exactly, and how many Nova boys do it properly? I know the Nova shell can handle it (with suitable bracing), there were rallying Nova GTEs after all, but your average chav knows nothing of bracing the turrets and structural integrity. They're more interested in blowing things away than reliability.

the ones that know what their doing still have 1.4sr written on the back and std as poss looking exterior

The ones that know what they're doing don't buy old Vauxhalls.

Well, my sis's other half has a V6 MIVEC FTO, so I'll just have to race him!

I do love how they look though, and boy does that engine like to rev!

I raced one in my old mk2 VR when it was a 2.8. Hadn't been painted, but the VR6 lump was in it and running strong.

I heard the FTO first, lush sounding things. he came past me on a round about in middlesbrough and I gave chase.

i couldn't keep up on roundabouts as I was running 17"s back then and had the car soo low they tryes used to catch like mad (hey, everyoon'es done it...)

I out dragged him easily on the straights, I think he was electronically limited to 120mph.

As for 'old Vauxhals' I prefer not to try it on with any of them after getting comprehensively schooled by a rusty, white, F-reg Nova that smoked like hell as it was leaving me for dead along the A47 last year. Damn it.