Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Distributor Caps and Rotor Arms

Well i have just taken the cap off my Distributor on ym G60 to get the Reference/part number of it so i can get a new arm and Cap.

the distributor is part number 037 905 205 k

The Arm is 052 905 225 C

and the cap is 027 905 207 A

But what i want to know is how can you tell is the cap and arm are worn, anyone got a pic of a worn one?

Well the rotor arm on mine was worn when I replaced it.. could definately tell because the metal tip right at the end of the arm was seriously corroded and dirty, and the new one I had bought was basically like shiny new metal.

As for the cap... not so sure on that. To be honest, a new cap and rotor arm are so cheap, I figured they were worth replacing anyway as it was like £5 for each item or something like that :)

Obvious sign would be a cracked cap. Otherwise look inside at the terminals, if they are badly corroded then replace it. The terminal on the end of the rotor corrodes and may appear pitted.

I replace mine every 12 months regardless of condition, along with the plug leads. 8)

so,

do you reckon my rotor arm is worn at all :lol:

rotor_arm.JPG[/attachment:b46kpbjg]

It's not really mine BTW, off a work colleagues skoda, and it was actually running OK when he drove it to the garage for a service :cuckoo: