Sign in to follow this  
mr.ots

Help!! Clifford concept 50xuk no total closure

When i lock my car with the windows open the total closure on my Clifford concept 50xuk doesn't work properly and the windows will only move momentarily and then stop. It's as if they are only moving while the doors are locking.

Ive tried adjusting the timer within the program and ensuring that it is set for timed output but this still hasn't resolved the problem.

Any suggestions?

PS. if anyone has the installers program guide it would be very helpful as it is no longer available from the clifford website.

Have they ever worked? The locking pulse needs to be about 40 seconds to do the full closure.

Has anything happened to the power in the car, dead battery or similar?

Gavin

Well I can't honestly say if they have ever worked properly because they were like this when I bought the car but when I was making adjustments to the alarm program I did get them to continue running for a little longer, maybe 5 seconds or so, just don't know how I did it and haven't been able to repeat it since.

I have a clifford 950 alarm and the total closure hasn't worked since it was fitted, worked fine with the old scorpion alarm, bet clifford would like to charge extra for their total closure add on for the alarm.

The total closure facility is standard on the 50X_UK.

Spoke to a clifford installer near me and they said I would either need to get the brains sent for repair or have an additional timer relay fitted to pulse the windows/sunroof long enough to close them. In both cases they said I was looking at around £100 to sort it.

I could probably do the relay fix myself.

Clifford's longest pulse is 3 seconds, so no where near enough to close all windows.

You will need the relay setup coming off an auxillary output on the brain.

I think I have some total closure modules in the garage if they are needed by anyone. Can't remember the price but not 10 quid.

Gavin

Gav, I have a Concept 50 with the same issue i.e. the windows twitch as if they'd like to close! I'm not sure if the Concept 50 includes total closure, but the handbook suggests it could do it.

Would I need one of the modules you talk about? And how hard would that be to fit myself? (I am a bit of a DIY muppet, but I managed to fit your loom OK).

(Mr. Ots, sorry for jumping on your thread!!)

No Problem Lenningrad.

The concept 50x_uk does have a variable timed channel 4 output and at one point I managed to get it to half close the passenger window and the sunroof. When I tried to increase the duration further it just reverted back to twitching the windows. I'm pretty sure it's the brain that's up the creek.

I think a timer relay from somewhere like RS Components fed from the channel 4 output is probably the easiest solution, just need to hunt down the wires.

Fitting it shouldn't be too difficult.

The box I had in mind though only goes live for 10 seconds which won't shut the windows unless they were nearly shut anyway.

I'll try ringing GT tomorrow and see what they suggest.

TBH I cannot believe that Clifford, the god of all alarms :roll: :sleeping: :silent: , can't shut your windows for you.

I'll keep you posted.

Gavin

EDIT

I think a timer relay from somewhere like RS Components fed from the channel 4 output is probably the easiest solution, just need to hunt down the wires.

I can defo help with the wires on that.

Gavin

I think you need somewhere in the region of 25-30 seconds to close the sunroof and both windows. I've used variable timer relays in the past for other applications I'm sure RS must do a 12vdc version.

The god clifford has badly let me down!

Thanks for your help Gavin, much appreciated.

The god clifford has badly let me down!

They're not stupid, they want you to buy SmartWindows ;)

my clifford sometimes shuts the windows sometimes activates the central locking, but always makes me angry is this inherent or can it be fixed?