Sign in to follow this  
Fairzy

312 Conversion...

ok, so I got my 312s delivered the other day - another ebay-tastic jobbie and very impressed I was too! They look awesome, purposeful to say the least! Nice shiny new disks and damn fresh pads aswell.

Phase 1

Put car on axel stands, remove calipers - easy peasy...

Phase 2

Remove the top bolts on the caliper carriers on either side - realtively easy (with a little persuasion)

Phase 3

Managed to remove 1 of the lower caliper carrier bolts, so down to the last one.... which is monumentally stuck! I mean no amount of WD-40/spanners/wrenches/positions etc have managed to budge the thing.

To top it off, the locating screw in the other side (the one with the caliper carrier removed) is stuck aswell!!!

It is like the bolt and the pieces of metal it is holding together have become one and don't ever want to be appart!!

I was going to try ye ol place spanner on the bolt and use the jack to leverage it into place, then 'tap' the head of the bolt to try and shock it free, but as it is on the drivers side, the bolt needs to be turned the other way (pushed down, rather than pulled up)

I think the locating screw will just be a drill the head off job as I understand you dont really need a locating screw.

Any ideas on this would be massively appreciated

Mike

Heh heh, popular mod at the mo!

Me and Scruffythefirst finally got round to trial fitting mine tonight and the carrier bolts were a right effin pig. Not even the air gun would get them off.

So we doused the buggers in Plus Gas (WD40, but far better) and went for a cuppa.

Came back and the air gun still wouldn't shift them, but the 1m breaker bar did the job eventually...

Also, gonna lock this up cos removing bastid bolts has been covered quite a bit before, and I'm trying to keep all the 312mm stuff in one place - http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28626

:)