Sign in to follow this  
WONGA

ABS light on??

it means theres a fault with the abs system and that its not working correctly,you could try giving the sensors a clean to cure it,if not you will need to get it hooked up to vagcom to pin point the fault

WONGA, when did it come on, and what does it do now?

If it comes on as soon as you turn on the ignition and never goes out, then it's VAG-COM time to try and work out what's going on as it's an electrical fault.

If it comes on and then goes out when you start the car, and then comes on when you go over about 15mph and stays on, then it's either a dead sensor, muck in the rotors or a slipping rear rotor.

If it only came on once while you were driving, and hasn't been back on since, don't worry about it... 8)

the last few days it has been coming on when i go over 15 mph but yesterday and twice today it didnt come on? im confused!!!!!

Check the ABS sensors. 1.2kohm +/- 300 ohm.

Fronts at the wheel hub, need to get the wheels off, connector almost on the back of the disc. Follow the black wire down to the wheel hub to find the connector to disconnect. Rears are the black wire under the rearpassenger seat squabs, separate the fat bit to open.

Front one the most likely.

Could be the accelerator position sensor, thats what my local stealer told me could be the prob when mine kept coming on..

Could be the accelerator position sensor

Break Pedal Position sensor (located below the master cyl on the servo) - you need VAG.COM to diagnose this really as the part is £50.