Sign in to follow this  
sherrypearl

3.0l re-bore touque/power ????

:twisted: ] :-P :) Hi all I have recently had my VR rebuilt, i had the head and block skimmed and it was re bored to (3.0l) and fitted with Mhale oversize pistons. I was wondering what power/torque gains others have gained from doing this, I was also going to get her re-mapped at stealth, but wondered how many miles i should do first to loosen the engine, I have already done the 1000 miles below 3k, which was i might add a very chanlenging ordeal!! :wink:

I'd do another 1000 miles @ up to 4K, then another 500 @ up to 5K and so on....then change the oil to Silkolene Pro S 10W/50 and map the bastard :-)

All else being standard, a 3.0 should give you in the region of 200 theoretical ponies, given the difference between 2.8 and 2.9 is a mere 10 or so hp....but in reality I reckon you'll get closer to 210, with torque around 200lb/ft..... hard to predict on such a young engine.

I've wondered the same thing, as thinking down the road i may go this route.

btw, not sure Stealth do a re-map as such, although they may do a piggy back the VR can't easily be mapped as it is. I would think the standard maf etc will cope with anything you've added anyway. Prob only need a pucker map if you add a vsr/vgi or a sc.

I wait to be corrected though which won't take long lol

damm, something else i'll have to save for then! Want a vgi first though.

3ltr sounds good, any idea if the torque curve will drop down the rev range with the extra cc's or does the engines caroctoristics remain unchanged with peak around the 4k?

It's the flow characteristics, cam profiles and gearing that governs the way the VR behaves. Enlarging the capacity just gives you more of what it does normally! Even the charger doesn't do anything until 4000 ish, unless you put a tiny pulley on it....but then it'll over boost as the engine speeds up at the top.