Sign in to follow this  
wcrado

Injectors- 1.8 16v

I recently bought merc e190 injectors on the advise of this forum, i needed new ones and the merc ones are cheaper, better spray pattern etc. what i was wondering was, on the standard KR bosch injectors you have a little metal cap on the bottom with just a little hole for the fuel to jet out of. What is this for, and do i need to swap them over on to the merc injectors? obviously the merc ones didn't come with them, but that doesn't really make me certain about whether or not i need them. also, if i do need them, can i just swap them around from my standard injectors, or do i have to buy them new? No advice from any guessers please!!

i asked this a while back....one guy said he swapped his old on , they just pull off and tap onto the new inj

another guy said he had never had em on his

maybe try it without...see how it goes

MK1 s never had them but most 16Vs I have seen did. I think they are supposed to help with atomisation. I'd try them without first though.

Don't chuck the old injectors just in case.

Gavin

cheers. just thought that if they are anything to do with the spray patten then surely they won't be needed on the merc injs, as they are supposed to have a better spray pattern. if i fitted them then they would have the same spray pattern as the standard ones. the ends of the merc injs are cone-shaped, whereas i don't think the 16v ones are. anyone else know for sure?

When my mk2 golf was on k-jet I fitted a set of merc injectors to it, the top hats had an `o`ring groove in them, I pressed them on to the new injectors to retain this `o`ring.

I've got the part number somewhere, i'll get back to you. in the meantime if anyone else can give me a definitive answer it'd be great

I always used Porsche 944 injectors in my modded valvers, similar price to the OE K jet ones but better flow rate and superior fogging.