Sign in to follow this  
MickeyT

G60 cuts out when driving!!!

In the last couple of days my car has started fine but about 5-10mins into my journey it has started to stutter and then cuts out. Once it dies it becomes difficult to start again, turning over but not firing (always seems to be at a busy junction :evil: )

I've noticed it has been mild damp weather the last couple of mornings so not sure if that has anything to do with it?

I'm going to change the HT leads, dizzy cap, clean the plugs etc but was wondering if its likely to be anything else.

Any help appreciated as its getting bl00dy annoying and increasingly dangerous just stalling on roads :(

Cheers

Replace those and see how you go. My cold starting was getting worse before I got some shiny new Magnecor KV85 leads, right as rain now! :)

Willl do.

Anyone know what Hansa HT leads are like from ECP. There are meant to be an original equipment supplier but don't want to buy any old rubbish

No mate you can get them from GSF and the like. Exactly them dissy as a digifant GTI motor. Don't pay extra for a 'G60 one'.

You could hunt out a second hand one and then assuming it fixes it, buy a new one.

They are touching a hundred quid new I think. 2nd hand might be a tenner or so.

Gavin