Sign in to follow this  
Madjackal

Flashing!

Ok, so I hooked up my Inpro tail lights with the very helpful suggestion from Henny about crimping male spade connectors on to the wires from the new carriers. The earth is simple enough and I thought the rear lights, breaks and indicators were gonna be as well until i tested everything and the right indicator is considerably more dull than the left and one of the brake light filaments on both sides flashes with the indicators :?

What am I doing wrong?

I found that I was able to push in the C's orriginal bulb holders in to my FK's and you can dremmel them if you want the clip bit to work properly (I've just put some tape over them to hold them in place)

I wasn't happy about cutting the original loom as was worried that this type of thing could happen... are you sure you haven't got any of the wires/bulbs mixed up?

Well it was getting a bit dark by the time I found the prob so I havent had chance to play around with them. I was gonna do the same as you but as the new lenses have a clear indicator I need orange bulbs and I cant find any that fit.

The existing bulbs and carriers have the pegs opposite each other yet on the new carriers they are at more like 90 degrees and all I knid find are the bulbs of the same format. I guess I'll have to have a bit of a play tonight.

they don't fit due to the pins - however you can persuade them into the holders and they work... did this with the supplied orange bulbs to start with then got some siver/blue tinted ones to lose the orange tint the lights had to them 8)

An A**hole to get out tho, thats what I did origially but thought I knew better didn't I! I dont know why they dont just copy the original carrier, they did for the boot lid lights!

Word of advise, if ya bulbs ever need replacing dont use Phillips Silver vision bulbs cos they arent really silver, just slightly tinted and DO NOT do what they say on the tin, I still have fried eggs at the back their just less obvious :x

They came out easy enough on mine - you could always file the pins down... the reason for them changing the pins is to stop clear indicator bulbs being used behind clear lenses...