Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Arrrrgh, just formatted the pc by mistake!!!

Something tragic happened on wednesday. I had set myself up to reformat the pc (stick with it Mods i will get on topic eventually). All the general crap of the last 3 years needed clearing of and reinstalling windaz. I had started to Backup and was looking for the disc with the Wipedrive program on it. Without thinking propperly i put in a disc and found the program, when it asked me if I wanted to format the hard drive i just pushed 'y' and realised my mistake.

I hit escape and tried to reboot but it seems the registry was the first thing to go so had to carry on with the bloody format.

Clearly I am now back online and mostly reinstalled but I have now lost all my Rado pics and E38, All of my tunes and most of my work invoices from this year. :mad:

If anyone could point me in the direction of some decent MP3 download sites that wont kill my pc (ie torrents or winmx) that would be cool.

I can get a load of the pics from the e38 posts

But if anyone has any photos of my recent holiday in the forest of dean that would be cool. :)

You can probably still recover the files. Theres a windows program that does it, I think its called "Recover My Files" or something.

But you'll need to have two physical HD's - one of them is used to store the recovered files

cool. looks like it could be what im after was going to get a removable disc for the tunes anyway. Ta muchly.

oh and VR6. nice one. id apprciate if you didn't post them :) . still trying to pursuade the fuzz the goat was consenting.

good luck with getting ur stuff back.

It will still be on there somewhere. Speciallists can recover information from discs that have been cut to pieces, so you should find stuff after a format no worries.

and :lol: @ VR6! Quality