Sign in to follow this  
dcuk

What type of bulb behind heater slider?

Hi,

I want to fit a new bulb behind the heater slider panel on my 89 16v but i dont know which type it needs as the old ones been taken out.

Does anyone have a picture of one or know which one i need?

Cheers.

dcuk, sorry i know know but it was to easy, The heater controls come out easy enough. i think its one of those puch fit bulbs that are the same as sidelight bulbs, you know the pure glass ones that just have a couple of wires bent around the glass for contacts.

Lol... i know, i woulda thought and said the same thing!

Yeah, i think it is one of those bulbs.. but i dont know which size? i tried a few different ones i had lyin around but they wouldnt fit.

Not sure if the bulbs come out, i've got the same problem and couldn't get the bulb out for love nor money, suppose i could always use a hammer!

i don't think they are removable, i drlled the hole bigger and fitted a larger bulb , i'll check the size when i get home

There's a guy on ebay that replaces bulbs for leds-i've already converted my dash to blue and they work pretty well.

Might be worth contacting him, he trades under mchh_led_design. He can do all mk2 switchgear so he might be able to help.