Sign in to follow this  
dannyc

rear wiper prob

Hi all

every since i bought my C the rear wiper hasn't worked and i just thought it was a blown fuse, but when getting my headlights looked at by an auto electrican it came on. I said how did you manage that cos i've tried pushing and pulling it in every direction and had no joy, he didn't know what he had done.

My brother also has a C so i know all your suposed to do is push the lever forwards. when i do it the water sprays out on the rear window but the wiper dosen't work.

What do you think could be causing this? and what does the sliding button do with 0 - 1 - 2 - 0 on it

cheers :lol:

Sliding switch is for your MFA. If you slide it against the spring towards the 0 and hold it there for a couple of seconds, it zeroes the miles driven, time taken, average speed and mpg for the relevant memories, either 1 (short term) or 2 (long term).

Sorry, can't help with your wipers other than to suggest that maybe the relay is faulty.

Best wishes

RB

OK, wiper is supposed to work by pushing the stalk away as you say. The stalks have been known to break though and stop working, so it could be simply a dead switch, but I doubt it 'cos you're getting water spraying. IIRC there's a relay in the fuse box which controls the rear wiper, and it's possible that's died stopping the motor from working.

The sliding button is for the MFA on the dashboard. there's 2 different settings (1 and 2) and the zero resets the corresponding one. The button on the end of the stalk changes which reading is displayed on the clock between time, elapsed travel time, average speed, traveled distance, MPG, oil temp and outside temp. Setting one resets after the engine has been off for 2 hours, setting 2 only resets by using the switch, or when one of the either the elapsed time or traveled distance readings has reached its maximum reading figure.

thanks for the replys, i think the next step is to check all the fuses and if that dosen't help i'll be on ebay looking for a new lever.

IIRC New levers are available from GSF pretty cheaply 'cos they're the same as the ones on Golfs... (Late MKII GTI for early Corrados, MKIII GTI for Late Corrados... )