Sign in to follow this  
ross.taylor

Alarm fitter in Bristol?

I am in Bristol and need a reliable alarm fitter to fit a Cat 1 alarm. Anyone know of one? Was thinking of trying Sextons.

I dont want an extra little fob thingy that I have to touch onto the dash, so any suggestions for a good alarm. (Simple, reliable and cheap.) Maybe I'm being a tart but I really dont like the Cobra fobs so they're out of the window!

Do you want remote locking? It sounds like you might have got cat 1 and 2 confused.

A Cat 1 alarm immobiliser will have something on your keyring as will a cat 2 immobiliser. There are transponder cat 2s which you don't have to touch on to a receptacle.

Gavin

Ok, the car has a factory immobiliser and that is all. So therefore at the moment no remote central locking. I want remote central locking, and full closure, but if possible dont want to have to touch a little bit of plastic to a receptical every time I want to drive the car.

You just need an alarm that does the locking then. Any old alarm should be capable of running the closure. I could supply one if you wanted. The Autowatch 161RL or something similar would do you perfectly.

Just check that your insurance are happy with the factory immobiliser and that they don't want anything different.

There will be no need to touch anything on the dash.

Gavin

Gavin

I was thinking of an Autowatch as they seem to get good press. It would seem from a little research that this alarm is designed to work with the current immobiliser, right? Would this result in a Cat 1 system?

I would think that this would be tricky to fit, as my abilities only stretch to fitting a radio (not very well). How much would you want for such a system, and how much should I be paying a qualified person to fit it?

I would probably be after headlight loom at the same time.

Posh!

Hi mate, A guy that lives across the road from me is an alarm fitter. he seems like a good lad, and is always doing car stuff at weekends. Can speak to him about fitting a system for you if you find out what youre getting.

He may be able to supply clifford etc alarms as well, but have no idea on price.

Just about to go out tonight, but will buzz you soon!

Baz.

Hey Baz,

Looks like its gonna be an Autowatch 161RL which will wire in with the existing Cat 2 immobiliser. If your mate is able to fit such an alarm, it would make things somewhat easier for me.

Let me know how much cash he would want.

Posh/Ross.