Sign in to follow this  
jenks

Big Difference between 16V and Vr6 Exhausts?

Is there a big difference between them apart from size?

Along with the coilovers my mates also selling a powerflow custom exhaust off his H reg corrado 16V.

Now i know there is a difference in size but was gona take it back to them to fit it to my Vr6?

But is there a difference in shape before i go wasting a trip?!

Cheers

Likely to be different if it's a 1990/1-spec car ('H' plate suggests that) vs a VR6.

From the 'Cosmetic Changes.doc' in CF's Buying Guide

Those are the changes that were made to the exterior in August 1991, at the same time the petrol tank was changed in size from 55 to 70 litres, this decreased the boot depth slightly on the later cars. The exhaust also changed quite significantly, the new exhaust was suspended from the car using bar type hangers rather the earlier hook hangers, the exhaust was routed a little differently as well. The early and late exhaust is not exchangeable. I have fitted a VR6 Magnex exhaust to my 92 G60 with no modifications; even the bore is the same at the joint to the Cat pipe.

(prepares to be shot down in flames by someone who knows what he's talking about :))

You will also find the coilovers are not designed for the vr either.

16v/g60 suspension bits are the same but the VR requires beefier springs and dampers.