Sign in to follow this  
tnc85

Head light switch swap?

Im sure they do. Read it here somewhere, and they look similar - though I might be talking complete horse sh*t :oops:

Im sure someone in the know will be along shortly :)

Passat switch is the wrong shape (same style) , Mk2 golf switch will work (looks different though) quick fix, but the light simbol will be on its side.

DAZ

I'm not sure about the fog light and rear screan swith but I can't see why they should'nt as the golf 90 spec dash loom is the same as the corrado's as far as the swiches are concerned,

Passat's (around G/J reg shape) use the exact same loom also, and the switches are identical to the raddo one's ( head light switch is the wrong shape).

DAZ

The fog light switch and heated rear sceen switch from a mk3 Polo (91 - 94) are the same switches as in the early Corrado's. Head light switch is different. Early 90's Passats have the same switches too.

I thought all the logos on the switches were the wrong way up on the Passat or Polo switches... :?

Polo dash

efh.jpg

As you can see the Polo ones are the same but go side by side instead of on top of each other, The passat is the same as this too.

ooh, I stand corrected... 8) For some reason I thought that the Passat and Polo ones were vertical not horizontal... :|

ooh, I stand corrected... 8) For some reason I thought that the Passat and Polo ones were vertical not horizontal... :|

I think its got more to do with me being a bit of a Polo nerd than anything else :oops:

Another thing, It may be possable to make a Corrado style headlight switch using the backing from a mk2 Golf switch (the mechanisim) and the switch cover from a Polo or Corrado, I should have all the bits at home so I will dismantle them and see if it will work.

Another thing, It may be possable to make a Corrado style headlight switch using the backing from a mk2 Golf switch (the mechanisim) and the switch cover from a Polo or Corrado, I should have all the bits at home so I will dismantle them and see if it will work.

Don't think it does, I've had a go myself, I think the golf switch is also missing the sidelights on indicator or the illuminated light symbol, one or the other.

David.

You're right, its missing the side light indicator.

If its the internals that go I'd say there is a fair chance the internals from a Polo headlight switch are the same, the rocker section is the same size, its the backing thats different because the Polo has the dimmer above instead of beside, so the moving internals may be swappable into a Corrado casing. :?