Sign in to follow this  
g60griff

4 stud to 5 stud

i know its been covered a few times but i was gonna and still might go down the easier route of getting the custom front hubs (which are currently out of stock at eurospec) vr6 rear discs with a 10mm spacer and have my front discs drilled to 5/100. since they are out of stock and my front suspension is probably getting a bit tired i was wondering what parts are needed exactly for the fronts. i havnt got abs, if that makes any difference here is a list of the vr parts i think i need.

hubs

outer cv's

driveshafts

lower control arms

lower ball joints

anti roll bar

discs

callipers?

flexi's?

i suppose it isnt that much of a job. but it looks really costly. if anyone has any ideas. please post. just a bit stuck what to do. i know its alot of work for a set of wheels but i like them alot. :)

and here's me converting 5 stud to 4 for the sake of 9" wide rims :roll: , it dont appear to be a easy job as i know both cars have different wishbones and to say one will fit another i dont know you might get away with just changing hubs, ive done my rears but having alot of problem with the front. One of my mates has converted g60 to five stud and all that was done was the 5stud centres were pressed in the g60 hub.

never thought of doing that. did that work then, pressing the centres out and swapping them over. thats a great idea. think i may do that.

yes it did work, he is running auti tt wheels with no probs, u need new bearings (vr ones) outer c.v's and carriers an calipers and discs get ur 4 stud hubs pressed out and 5 stud ones in. The prolem i got is vr6 discs are flat. G60 ones are offset now when i put a g60 disc over my hub it touches the back so am screwed.

who is eurospec