Sign in to follow this  
pauliegannon

Recaro Switch

New to the forum but will have many questions in the near future.First one so.I have a set of electric recaros in my 91 Raddo but the switch that moves the seat up and down is broken.The tab on the left of the switch has broken off and as a result the presure points of the switch are not hitting the small presure plates in the mechanism.If i use a key or something small and hit the pads the seat works so its just basically the plastic switch thats shagged.Have looked on ebay etc etc and I have a feeling its going to be hard to find a switch.Anyone have any idea where to get one?Thanks,Paul :?:

I very much doubt you will come across one of them to handy atall. I dont even think parts like that are available separately.

Your best bet is probably to remove the seat from the car and try and do a repair on the broken tab. Maybe even buy a switch from an electronic store and fit that in the place of the broken one. Maplins are normally good for bits like that.

yep paul it could be tricky to get a switch for old recarro seats unless somebody else is breaking a car with thoes seats,

i think the option of a spurious switch is youre best option i think that there is a maplins in blanchardstown try there

hope you get it sorted

I can't remember which switch it was but when my mates recaro switch broke he used one of the other swiches in its place that he had spare ( electric window, sunroof or spoiler switch)

DAZ