Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Balance Motorsport

Just thought I'd stick a recommendation in here for http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk

I think someone else may have mentioned them in the past, but just to add, I think they are awesome. When ever I receive great customer service (rare these days), then I think the company concerned deserves a shout.

In short, I placed an order for some pads on their site earlier (red dot XEs) for my 312 conversion and a chap called Julian rang me back to discuss some better ones.

After an hours chatting about brakes (what he doesn't know about them isn't worth knowing!) and taking into account the VR's nose weight (a car he seemed to know, always a bonus), power output, driving style etc etc, he recommended Ferodo DS2500s and a change to DOT5.1

They've got a great product line up too (checkout those in car adjustable TEIN coilovers, yum!) and friendly, helpful staff.

If anyone wants anything, I'll find out if they can do GBs.

Kev - i was sizing up those TEIN's ealier in the week but could not find anything to suggest they would happily tack onto a vr6 - whats your thoughts mate?

lukeage, TEIN only seem to offer the top two specs for Jap cars only, but they do the SuperStreet which looks quite good. I have no idea how good or bad TEIN are though, but they look nice :-)

Alternatively, this Bilstein PSS kit comes highly recommended! It's basically what I have on my car, but using H&R's own springs.

On the DS2500 pads, it seems Ferodo don't know late VR6 Golf pads are the same as TT, Octavia, Passate etc and they sent the wrong ones for my 288/312 setup. Unfortunately the right ones are £122! Eeek! They'd better be good!