Sign in to follow this  
mr.ots

Engine mounts?

Can someone tell me the symptoms of sloppy engine mounts?

When i'm driving and take my foot quickly off the accelerator if feels like the engine jerks. If I come off the gas slowly it doesn't happen.

Engine mounts?

Front mount is the most prone to wear. Engine will rock backwards slightly as rev's increase - rev engine & check for excess movement.

I did replace the front engine mount yesterday.

The car had the same symthoms as said above, and you feel lots of vibrations inside the car.

It is quite annoying...

But the party isn´t over yet... because i didn´t get rid of the vibrations.

I only got rid of the engine bouncing, so i suspect i might have the other mounts on their way off!

By the way... The front one was broken in 2 parts! :shock:

also check your exhaust it not hitting anything, when my front mount let go it also stretched the exhaust flexies and the exhaust started hitting the bottom of the bulkhead

get a mate to help you with this. Pop the bonnet, handbrake on, start the car and lift the clutch to the bite while your mate watches the engine. if the mounts are really knackered he'll be able to see alot of movement as you reach bite. get him to try rocking the engine while on bite too. some play is acceptible, and make sure your handbrake is good before trying it or you'll have a squished mate!