Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Anyone know anything about Mazda's?

The family car is a 1998 Mazda 323 (only 1.5 :roll: ), and about 2 days ago, it started acting all funny.

The CD Player went off without a warning, and at the same time the time wouldn't show up, I havent been able to get the CD player working again and the time still hasn't shown up.

The alarm system was set up that after switching the "Ignition II" position, the central locking automatically locks after about 15 seconds, but since this CD Player business has happened, the central locking thing doesnt happen either.

The heater controls are not like the C where there are dials, they are all buttons which light up when pressed, and before this problem, the button that was lit up before switching the car off, is the same one to stay lit up when the car is switched on again. But since this has happened, the button always reverts back to the "front window demister" being selected.

I have checked the "Radio player" fuse which seems to be fine, but I really don't know what else to check for.

Can anyone shed some light on what might be wrong?

Maybe a break in the circuit somewhere but i'd check ALL the fuses again first and also check in the manual to confirm that each device you mention is on the same circuit... also check any alarm fuses that maybe under the bonnet...

Check your interior light fuse. It may operate the radio and clock as well. Failing that, see if there is a 'service' fuse on the fuse board.

Well my interior light also doesnt work, never noticed that before. Didnt have time to check any other fuses, will do that tomorrow.