Sign in to follow this  
hotoval1

Door Card swap & Electric Mirrors

Has anyone any ideas with regard to swapping early to late door cards and the electric mirror switch on the drivers door.

I followed the advice on the knowledge base and neither mirror works.

As suggested I have one spare unused wire from the switch which is a blue one. Some of the other colours were also not as suggested and I have connected using the early colours to the pin numbers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, you will have fun with this one... I've done the early to late style conversion on my G60. On the wiring connector I got (which was from a scrappy and was probably from a mk3 Golf) the colours were not as indicated in the knowledge base article. However, the pin numbers did correspond.

Also the first switch I tried didn't work. I ended up getting another switch, which again didn't work. Upshot of this was I took both switches apart and cleaned them up (the copper contacts were filthy). Both the switches then worked.

Not the end of the story unfortunately. As mentioned in the knowledge base one of the possible side effects is that the controls on the mirrors now work back to front (up is down and left is right). I have not got to the bottom of this yet, but I assume that reversing the feed to the motors in the wing mirrors will rectify this. When I can be bothered to do it I will. I wish you the best of luck with it....

P.S. While you have the switch apart cleaning it, it's a good time to change the LED's if you want the illumination colour to match your interior.

if you get the loom from the late on change the complete wiring loom just from down by foot well and its just all plug and play the mk3 golf use an extra wire as i wspent ages trying to slove this problem and was using my mates vr as a test vehicle and it was different but got a new drivers loom and been working ever since hope thats some help