Sign in to follow this  
munkay

Annoying squeaky kinda noise ?

OK I know it's late, but I am on holiday this week so its all good :p

OF late I have noticed a kinda belt squeking/rubbing noise from what seems to be the alternator belt? Could be one to charger not totally sure. I have had all belts replaced about 5K ago so guess I should go to garage that did them and ask.

Not hugely worried, just curious as to what to do, or what it could possibly be?

any ideas people ? :)

from what i can gather it all depends on what belt type you use. Mine squeaks when its wet. my mates when his is dry. the VW ones dont do.

ON the G60 the two tensioner pulleys for the charger/alt/ belt can wear and stick.

if its the cambelt tensioer id worry. pop off the top cover with the clips and look at the belt. a worn tensioner makes a groove in the middle of the belt

Yes i would have a look at the tensioners first.... hopefully they did this when the belts were changed but I don't trust anyone!

It could be that the belt is just 'dry' and there is a product called belt dressing, a silicon based spray that should sort it out

Thanks for the help again people, was proper bo I tell thee :)

I'll go check it out this afternoon.

my charger belt does it when wet..give it a squirt of silicone spray (abt every 2 weeks) and it shuts up