Sign in to follow this  
vwspeed

Gamma Head Unit into a Corrado

Having got a secondhand Gamma Head Unit and a New Phatnoise I thought it worth trying a different ICE install into my recently purchased '94 Corrado VR6.

I've plugged the Head Unit into the Black and Brown connectors and after doing so without the ignition on the red light flashes on the Unit. On switching on the ignition the light is turned off but the unit won't turn on.

Has anyone done this into their Corrado before? If so do you know any wiring changes I'll have to make to get the Head Unit working?

Mike

Got it sorted.

Gamma is in and running, just got to either change the rest of the dash to blue lighting or change the Gamma to Green, hhhmmm, not sure yet.

I've added a Phat Noise to the system as well.

I didn't want to get out of the car on the way to work today it is so good and I've only got about 5Gb on there.

Mike

Question is now, how to change the illumination colour of the Gamma?

Have had it apart but there's no clear sign of how it illuminates, any ideas?

Mike

yup, deffinatly change the dash lighting rather than the gamma, blue/red illumination looks much classier than the stock slime green.

I did the same on my old Mk1 Golf but I'm not sure I can be bothered to have the pod out and play around with all the switches. Unless there's an easy way to do it??

Mike

the dash is easy mate , 3 led's on the top illumination (direct replacement bulbs) and reverse the polarised filter and add a coloured filter for the lcd's , yeah the switches are a bit fiddly but theres no rush ;-)

It's just the thought of taking out the pod, it was a pig on the Mk1 and I really don't fancy it, the colouring is the easy bit, it's the taking out of the pod that I'm not looking forward to.

once you've taken the pod out once its easy, i could take the pod out of mine in 10 mins, really !

lower the steering wheel to the lowest setting , pull the small tabs bottom corners of the cowl, undo 4 screws, thats the cowl removed, 4 more screws thats the pod loose, pull the plug on the rear and lift out

job done ;-)

"3 led's on the top illumination (direct replacement bulbs) and reverse the polarised filter and add a coloured filter for the lcd's "

In English, does this mean, put in 3 LEDs add a blue filter to them and what is this about the polarised filter????

Mike

I hadn't seen that on eBay.

Was gonna do it all myself, now know where to get the LEDs from, cheers guys.

[align=center]Gamma.jpg[/align]

Well got the PC3-11 cable to enable me to connect my Rockford Mono Amp and my Series 1 Rockford sub. And it rocks, panels are being shaken nicely. Next idea is possibly to fit a Bluetooth Car Kit to the Gamma, be we'll see.

Mike