Sign in to follow this  
craigowl

Cheap but quality tools

Suppose you can't argue with the price. Buy 3 sets in case a few spanners break!

Fine for general use, i used simplar tools from the Nwecastle quayside Sunday market but the quality difference is the feel in the hand and the exact measurement of the jaws, the 13mm for example is sometimes not exactly 13mm and as this if often the most used it wears and further looses the accuract causing rounded corners on the fixings.

Snap-on and Mac tools are great and i've spent thousands of pounds on them but for general use the tools you illustrated are fine.

Chris

Yeah, as Chris said it all depends on use, I bought a set of screwdrivers in a case from Lidl for a fiver just to keep round my mums house for jobs, diy etc and they are great, before that I only had 2 round there... also bought a bottle jack from them, same price and TUV approved and a ratchet socket set with Splined bits!

Then today I spent £100 in about 2 mins with mr Snap-On on a rathet screwdriver and a few other bits, not much but all lifetime warranty...

Mostly use Halfords Pro tools but nice to have a few Snap-on bits, also I bought a Blue Point magnetic parts dish for a fiver - the sealey ones sold in Halfords are a tenner so sometimes they are cheaper....

cant argue with that price, obviously facom, halfauds pro, snap on etc are superior but ... horses for courses eh

nice to have a cheap set in case a neighbour wants to borrow one ;-)