Sign in to follow this  
Riley

g60 cc removal and pully query :?

g-man should I put a 68mm pulley on mine instead of the 70mm and see what boost I can get :lol: 23psi on a 70mm

Seriously tho Riley I mite take it off your hands for the right price? I want to measure it myself first tho :grin:

i put the breather pipe into the airbox today after seeing gavin who's a sound guy 8)

drilled a hole,sat a rubber grommet in,push pipe in,job done 8)

any more thoughts on the pully issue?

neil.

Whats your thoughts on the pulley issue then niel...

The way i see it is that you didnt think you had a 68mm pulley on there so you brought one and then relised you allready had one..."correct??"

Why not sell one of them to recoup some of your outlay or if your not happy with the work/ parts that have been issued to you get on to the company that supplied them to you ?? ...

correct,im just trying to learn here darren...

ive asked a few times about where to measure pullys to find out what they are but had no reply,so i took the time to get pics and measurements.

and i find it strange that an experienced company(not g-werks!),would remove a 68mm??? and fit a new 68mm??? without thinking eye up whats the point in this?

the other will be sold,just wanted confirmation of what it is.

as for the fumes,ive read a few times where people have said to just put the pipe in the inner wing.

sorted now anyway 8)

I do agree then that is odd. It wasn't made clear that the charger went away to have the pulley fitted i would make a call then and get the question asked.

Riley your posts read as if it was darren who sold you the pulley when it was not, just wanted to make this clear to anyone else who may read it wrong.

You told a company to sell you a 68mm not to measure your old one, there could of been been a problem with your old pulley. you get what you ask for mate.

ahh whats done is done darren m8,ill just be happy when the new chip arrives to be honest,maybe it will sort the problem i have once and for all.

ant,you dont trust me measuring? :o :lol:

edit:above post edited,nope it wasnt g-werks.

yeah i asked for a 68mm,but a simple check and phone call could have saved me money!

i didnt know i already had a 68mm,im not the charger expert :lol:

suppose people run businesses in diffarent ways.

ahh whats done is done darren m8,ill just be happy when the new chip arrives to be honest,maybe it will sort the problem i have once and for all.

Have you chased your chip up ?

Have you chased your chip up ?

a few times but i dont want to sound like im bugging people,last i heard new blank chips were coming in,and one was being burnt then tested for me.

g-man should I put a 68mm pulley on mine instead of the 70mm and see what boost I can get :lol: 23psi on a 70mm

Seriously tho Riley I mite take it off your hands for the right price? I want to measure it myself first tho :grin:

How come your car makes so much boost then , mine makes 15psi on a 68 mm pulley although it is in need of a rebuild (thats why its off the road lol). Does that have something to do with that passat crank pulley you mentioned? excuse my ignorance im preety new to this lol. Sorry to go on but do you think it owuld be a good idea to mix a 65mm pulley with a passat crank pulley. cheers guys