Sign in to follow this  
RobyD

Clifford alarm gone nuts!!

My alarm went off for no reason earlier so went to turn it off but it wouldn't do anything. Didn't know what to do so got in through the boot (de-locked door handles :roll: ) and popped the bonnet. Disconnected the battery which i knew wouldn't stop it as it has an overide system. After about an hour of going off it finally stopped. I still cant get in and if i connect the battery up again it starts churping again.

I phoned GAP seurity who fitted it. It was fitted about 3 years ago and they say it should be serviced every year to continue the garuntee. Well no one told me that :mad: To get an engineer out its gonna be £150 for first hour then £45ph after that! I've just started uni so really don't wanna be paying that and i dont have my spare alarm fob with me to try that either.

Anyone got any ideas fo what to do? Would RAC be able to anything??

Seriously p****d off :mad:

Rob

I know sod all about Cliffords (apart from hearing unreliability seems to be a built in feature :))

Some discussions that might assist, however:

http://www.no-rice.com/forum/index.php?p=vt&tid=4902

http://www.no-rice.com/forum/index.php?p=vt&tid=184

http://www.no-rice.com/forum/index.php?p=vt&tid=424

Patrick (sparkz) seems a helpful chap

http://www.no-rice.com/forum/index.php?p=vt&tid=3548

I still cant get in and if i connect the battery up again it starts churping again.

Will the fob not switch it off though?

Do you have a spare transmitter? Disconnecting the power shouldn't cause the alarm to forget the transmitters programmed to it.

Maybe it is sounding cos you have the bonnet and boot open??

Try taking the wire of the bonnet switch and disconnecting the wire from the drivers door switch, so you can leave the door open. Make sure it doesn't touch bare metal. Then shut the boot or flick the catch in the lock to cancel the boot light.

Gavin

I know sod all about Cliffords (apart from hearing unreliability seems to be a built in feature :))

well out of the 1000 or so i have fitted only one has gone wrong, so it is usally a fitting prob

phone clifford direct as how can you service the alarm, i basically think they dont want to spend time for no cash

where are you

Do you know your valet code?

(Printed on the inside back cover of your alarm manual, usually).

You should have a keypad (a blank and a star key) that you can tap the code in to disable the alarm if the fob doesn't work.

You can then place it into valet mode and completely disable the alarm temporarily.

Sorry to go off topic but my clifford alarm is gone a bit mad aswell. Not as bad RobyD's but when I arm the alarm it makes a series of high and low bleeps (a bit like R2-D2 from star wars). And also the stelth mode option (press the 2 buttons at once and it arms silently) does not work. The manual says that one of the alarm sensors is faulty but Im wondering how I test it.

Its getting to the stage that I get as far away from the car before I arm it so nobody sees me as the owner of the car that sounds like a pinball machine.

Bonnet switches fail most often in my experience. The alarm is probably trying to tell you which sensor is bad. Have a read through the idiots guide, it will tell you what the beeping means.

Gavin

When you disarm the car, the LED flashes a number of times to show you which sensor is at fault if it has been triggered.

Check the number of blinks against your manual.

I left it a couple of days, connected the battery back up and this time it only went off for a few seconds. Tried to start the car but no power. Charged it up over night and hey presto, everythings fine :). Weird. Fingers crossed it doesn't do it again!

Cheers for all your suggestions

RobyD Check the ariel Connector on the alarm brain, over the cause of such problems. If you get stuck I've got the cable and a lap top.