Sign in to follow this  
sparkz

Which kit is better? Aquamist or Coolingmist

Which is the better kit or are they as good as each other. reason being is that in the states, the coolingmist setup is about £100 cheaper than aquamist. can anyone shed any info in regards to the two products?

olly elworthy on my Corrado I had my pump fitted down on the front sub frame, plently of room down there.

I had Aquamist on my MK2 Golf and the pump was in front of the battery, there might *just* be room for it in the same place on the C if they haven't made them bigger over the years. Otherwise anywhere on the chassis rail should be OK, so long as the pump is below container level.

As for which is best, hard to say in the long term but I had issues with Aquamist (series one) pumps failing.

well bought a cooling mist system as the pump is a much heavier duty pump compared to aquamist and they will happily pump methanol, the aquamist systems look much better, but cant say I have had any issues with the cooling mist system.

I think what sells it for most people is feeling how cold the inlet manifold is (certainly in the case of a cross flow head) after an hour's hard thrape.

Normally you can barely touch an inlet manifold under such circumstances, but on my 16V Turbo, you could almost refrigerate drinks on the manifold.

I know it's been asked before, but did we ever find any members that work for chemical companies that could supply pure methanol?

I used to get it in 10 gallon containers through a friend for peanuts, but sadly he left the company....although it was strictly a back door job due to COSHH restrictions.

I hear methylated spirits is a good substitute but I never needed to use that at the time.

I bought a 2nd hand Aqamist pump (ERL-Race) as a none-runner. Stripped it and it was perfect inside, re-built the pump and it`s been fine for the last 6months or so.

I`ve got mine boot mounted, the long 6mm feed line acts as an accumulator to dampen out the pump strokes, works very well indeed. Seeing no more than 45c using just the WI setup with no IC on a 0.8mm jet.