Sign in to follow this  
rixy

Corrado STORM

hi, just wondered if there was any way of findind out what number of the 250 green storms mine is? Dont even know if there is a way of doing this, just thought it'd be cool to know? Cheers

well as on your log book it doesn't even say its a Storm.........then trying to find what place out of the green ones yours was would be near enough impossible...............besides its a green Storm.........and i'm guessing a manual so its 1 out of 240 then :wink:

yeah, it is a manual and one of the 240 worldwide, which is awesome, considering there are some that must have been written off,stolen, burnt etc :( so mine is even rarer, he he! Wouls still be nice to know though!

hello mate. just wondering how much you pay for insurance as your only 20 ?

im 21 and just bought myself one.

yours looks fantastic mate

It would have been much easier if the storm vin numbers were sequential but unfortunately they were not. There were standard corrados in between.

Depends how you look at it Phat, the 500 storms were in the last production run of 1300 cars imported into the uk.

Although no. 500 (mystic blue i think) went to the Karmen meuseum in Germany.

I wonder how many are left now.

Although no. 500 (mystic blue i think) went to the Karmen meuseum in Germany.

It is classic green/beige registration N387 CWL and went to/ and was in the VW Wolfsburg museum with the UK tax disc showing 04/96. Whether that is the case since the Autostadt thingy opened in mid 1999 I'm not sure.

oh, i see, oh well, never mind, suppose i'll have to be happy with an un numbered one, lol! Doesnt matter anyway, but would be cool to know how many are still about now!

Only VW would be able to provide the vin numbers of all the storms produced but I doubt they would be willing to release that information to any one individual.

Maybe CCGB could approach them.

Thanks for the update on the Classic Green Storm at Wolfsburg RW1.

in reply to old matey Jimbo16v, My insurance is just over 2k a year, but well worth it!

OUCH!!!!!!........the joys of going 1 group higher than the standard VR6 :twisted:

Speaking of insurance, does anyone know if Privilige are accepting of mods? It's just that I ran a quote through today as a standard VR and it came back with £324 fully comp, 5 years protected, clean license, for an ancient 32 yr old. My modded policy renewal from Brentacre came back with a renewal of £544, which I'd like to reduce if possible as I ain't paying over 500 sodding quid when I've only claimed twice in 16 years of driving!

Storm is Group 19 classification. Then all the baggage of age, address, mileage driven etc., etc, etc..

Group 18 is standard VR6 but the better spec one ie. leathers used to be loaded.

I'd say £544 is good considering what you is doin' under that hood.

Ancient me drawing my pension came in at £483 with a clean car, clean record, full NCB and suburban Manchester district on Group 19 without trying to look around - Bell Direct.