Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

GazzaG60 - new 16v t project -update with new post

hi

right tonight i will dig out the digi cam and take a few picks. iv not done much for the last few weeks - too cold to get motivated. on this project as over the end of last week i was fitting a new heater matrix. id rather fit an engine any day.

i am missing 2 items now before i build. it could have been done by now to a lower spec but im gonig the whole hog now.

i need a cylinder head done by cnc heads. i want to be able to run the lowest amount of pressure in the engine i can get away with. the work im having is around 1400 quid. then i need a diff fitting to my 02m gearbox. anothe grand.

got around 5k in the engine and box now.

i have no real deadline for fitment as long as im happy with it. what i have found is some ityems delay progress like samcos that take 3 months to arrive.

hello mate. hope you had a nice christmas. you will be due a visit over here by the time im ready.

hopefully by april time itll be in. i want it ready for the summer. plan a few visits to york dragway this year. wanna see sub 13 by the time the next cold spell hits. need to find 3k to put in and im done i think. should have an extra 4 ton company car allowance from next month to put in too. the company have also agreed to pay for some of my insurance. not sure they know whats going under the bonnet yet.

still waiting for an oil line for my charger which bust on startup after fitting the heater matrix so in an mx-5 at the moment.

Had a good Christmas and New YEar. Are you getting a VW oil pipe or a gwerks one?

Downer about the MX5, better than my daily driver 84 vintage Camry wagon in faded worse than tornado red orange.

Just bought a 1600 GTI in Mars red as well while I get the work finsihed on the A3.

Gavin