Sign in to follow this  
Ad2408

Fitting Dension..... Too deep ..... Help!

Hi

Just bought a Dension 100ix and was well chuffed until it came to fitting it.

The HU seems to deep to fit in, comparing it to my old Sony its a good bit deeper. Bugger!

Doesn't seem to be the wires stopping it as they are out of the way although I may be wrong. It seems to be stopping on the metal thing at the back (firewall?) so can I push this in or remove it all together?

Anyone got any advice what I can do?

Thanks

Adam

Yes mate, you need to drill out the metal bracket's rivets and remove it all together. Don't be tempted to wrench it out with pliers or you'll tear the fibre pulp!

I also recommend you drop the passenger side shelf, feed the unit in slowly whilst pulling the wires out of the way from underneath, then tie wrap them up. The last thing you want is to push the unit home and sever a wire as it catches on something.

Thanks for the reply mate

So it won't hurt removing the metal bracket? Last thing I want is for the thing to burst into flame! Is this what you've done?

Adam

The bracket is just there to support the back of the stereo. Not all cars have them, as they get battered quickly by bad removal and refit. So don't worry.

Gavin

Had a look at removing it (drilling it out) but can't see how to get access to it, Where do I need to drill? The part thats stopping it or the whole bracket thing?

Thanks again

Adam

There should be some pop rivets that secure the bracket to the flimsy, cardboard-a-like dash. Thing is, in the back where you can't see them they are splayed out about a cm in diameter, trying to pull them out will be a tough job and will certainly result in some dashboard damage.

Gavin

Ok, still playing with this......

Can't really see what your describing. The thing I can see id riveted to another piece of metal that goes over the top of heater direction controls. Can't get an angle on the rivets to drill them, as they are pointing downwards.

Does that make sense? Any other ideas?

Adam