Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

NEW POLO GTI

Read about the new Polo GTI, takes styling cues from the golf, but seems a bit under powered at only 150bhp?

Especially in light of it's competition.

a)Clio 182

b)Cupra 180

c)Fiesta RS 180 (not out yet)

d)Corsa VXR 180 (not out yet)

e)206 GTI 180

It has a 1.8 litre Turbo engine tho, so it would seem that the car is in a fairly detuned state...

This is how it will look out of the factory

Surprising that they are using the old 1.8T engine but at least it is easily tuneable - would have been good with the 1.4 Twincharge lump. I will look at one closely when they become available, could be a real pocket rocket

oh god yea, I just assumed it would be a 1.8 version of the 2.0 GTI. It must have the KO3S turbo tho so will probably remap to around 190bhp. The next Ibiza should be tasty, but way too long to wait for that too.

Word is that it will be closer to 17k, the TDi Sport is already above 15k, looks like another over-priced VW - at 15k I would seriously consider one. If its around the 17k mark I'd take the new Octavia vRS at the same money

17k for that car is just silly given the competition, I mean, the Focus ST is starting at 17.5k! and that laps the nurburgring 10secs quicker then the old Focus RS, so what chance would the polo stand...

Typical VW arrogance that people are prepared to pay more for the VW badge, I personally don't think that there is a current VW that can justify a premium over the equivalent Ford / Poxall etc

The reason why the car is only running 150BHP is as has been stated from what i've read.. if they tuned it up any more it basically blitzed the current Golf GTI and that would have been a bit too embarassing for VW!

Sure a remap will sort all that out though for future owners :)

Yea, but considering that it is pitched above the price of a CTR and nearly as much as an ST Focus, they might of atleast put a smaller cc engine of the Golfs 2.0T unit.

Checked with a dealer I was in today and Volkswagen UK have not yet released any info on the Polo GTi to the network - they looked at me as if I was stupid when I asked for details of spec and pricing.

After the lack of sales for the last Polo GTi it is not beyond realms of possibility that it might not even make it to the UK.