Sign in to follow this  
joeyg60

Emissions - G60

help? g60 failing mot on immisions :(

Mod Edit **thread title spelling correction to help with forum "search" feature** stevemac

at the mo not sure.

just had new head gasket done. Now gon 4 mot and failed. car runs fine but when engine runs on tickover immision cencor gos mad

U definitely have a problem of some kind - G60's should pass MOT quite easily, even with the CAT removed.

My G60 has had the CAT removed & passed it's last MOT while running on 3 cylinders. :shock:

joeyg60 - go to http://www.snstuning.com & check out the DIY section. There's lots of info there that may help.

If the car doesn`t go into closed loop you`ll have problems. I got mine though with lumpy cams, just by using closed loop control, think the co was 1%?

mine was 4.1% i think, (MOT not at hand)

as for fixing it i have'nt been bothered yet as i am having to borrow a friends charger, as mine grenaded, have just set up the car to work normally aspirated and am gonna get the garage to set it all up on the day of mot, as i want a mot on it for when the bahn brenner gets fitted

Try winding your c/o pot out to 760ohms like I did - just don't drive the car very hard until you richen the mixture again

sorry to be a pain, c/o pot that is the screw behind the sensor on the boost pipe right??

which way and how do i check its at 760ohms, :roll:

c/o pot plugs into the air intake pipe - close to the throttle body.

Remove it from the car & measure the resistance accross the 2 outer terminals. Turn the adjusting screw until it reads approx 760ohms. This will lean the mixture & may not be safe to drive any distance as too lean a mixture could melt one of your pistons! Should be okay for a trip to the MOT station & back though.

When you're finished, re-adjust the c/o pot back to where it was - approx 500 ohms.

BTW - may be worth checking your engine timing too - if this is out of adjustment, it may be why you previously failed the emissions test.

When i was on Digi1 with lumpy cams the afr was in the 10:1`s until closed loop kicked in and brought it back down to 14.7:1.

Yep, but it also managed to pull it back to 14.7 while cruising as well. I think when the oil temp hit 60c closed loop kicked in, you can here the idle change.