Sign in to follow this  
G60mm

G60 NOT STARTING - PLEASE HELP !!!

Had a similar problem lately, turned out to be the hall sensor in the distributer. Just started swapping parts out of a golf GTi until i eventually found the problem.

hi i had the same problem and diagnosed it my self it was the starter switch.

took me a while to realise it but the switch was not supplying feed to ecu to dissy.changed switch[£15-20 from gsf] starts everytime.even thought it was immob so ripped it out it wasnt that. fit a switch anyway,only cheap and easy to fit.hop you sort it.

brian

oh how many times we see different not starting things, man oh man. first off your plugs are completely drenched correct? well what I would do is take a plug out and watch the fuel, the fuel should be spraying in spurts when you try to start it, if it just sprays constantly your ECU needs some work on the interior electronics, check your main diodes to see if there are continuity issues between the sides. other things I may suggest are to get another ECU off of ebay or take a car somewhere to get it checked out, find out if you are near any of the good performance shops on this forum they can probably help you. Im going with ECU on this one cause mine did this... the problem is that it sprays fuel straight and no pulsing, bad data from the ECU, flooded the engine so that it couldnt even start. fuses lie! :twisted: any other conditions that we may need to know about?

oh yeah check ure CO sender see if its working, it controls fuel mixture, just worth a try... probably not it tho....

If you are saying you get no spark at all, and you are just trying to start it with a plug out to see if you get spark and you get none then