Sign in to follow this  
morpheus20170

Drivers door...

I've got a G reg Corrado 1.8 16v and when I went to look at it noticed that it had a couple of tiny dents in both wings but never noticed that the drivers door doesn't close properly, almost but not quite, if you run your hand down the side of the car you call feel a slight lip but I don't think it has been in a crash although it has been resprayed.

Can someone tell me what I can do that won't cost me the earth.

Cheers,

Paul

go to a bodyshop and see what they say. most of those guys can take one look at it and know whats up. ask around on this forum, names of good shops are thrown around in a few threads here too.

morpheus20170, Mate, this is very simple to do.

Open the door and you will see the lock mech on the door and what that clips into when you shut the door.

The part of the body of the car that has the small plastic part around to make the door less noisey is the bit that you need to move.

Undo the nut on the end of this part till it becomes loose. There is a fair bit of movement and with in time the nuts loosens and pushes forward so all you have to do is move the position of this part closer inand tighten it back up. It may take you a few attempts to get it spot on but you will do it. Then when the door shuts it will have to travel further in and then once the lock has grabed it you wont notice the door sticking out.

Once you are in the car and look at your side mirrors you will see that its straight.

If you do that and you find you really need to slam the door then you have gone a bit to far so try and get it right. If that doesnt make the lines perfect then you need to adjust the door from the hinges.

It will take you 5 secs to do and you will be surprized the difference it makes when it all looks smooth.

They do polished versions of these pins with new plastic bits as I bet the ones on your car look like they have seen better days. They cost £20, they are in the PVW mag. I need to order a set!