Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

engine over reving

this problems been going on for a while now,so i thought its about time i found out what it is.when driving the car from cold as i come to a junction and dip the clutch my revs kick upto nearly 3k,if i just put it in neutral before i stop at the junction it doesn't do it and after shes warmed up it doesn't do it,any ideas?

My guess is the throttle cable is sticking mate, mine used to do it all the time. It's a quick and cheap job.

It does sound quite similar to the throttle cable problem. When changing gears, dipping clutch would cause the engine to rev up to 2,500/3000RPM - it was weird because it would come and go sometimes lasting a few days then not happening.

As RACK says, reasonably cheap part and a 30 minute job to fit :)

Not sure what else it could be though if its not that...

Indeed it should.. I never think to check about people putting posts in the right place.

Someone help... I'n listening

Today i was breaking and found she wasnt slowing. Dipped the clutch and the engine was red-lining, had to turn ignition off before it blew. Sounds a similar problem...

already cleaned the ISV i'll try and get round to checking the cable this wk/end

Maybe its just plain fecked!

i had a prob with my car stalling,got advised to clean the ISV did this which sorted that prob,how come it doesn't do it after she's warmed up?

cause whatever it is stops sticking =-)P

just on an off topic, I WISH THE PEOPLE WHO DESIGNED THE BENTLEY PUT IN THE PISTON ORDER ON A G60, THOUGH IT SHOULD BE COMPLETELY OBVIOUS ON ITS OWN, cylinder 1 is nearest to the timing belt.