Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Strange: No tyre place in Coventry does camber alignment!

Well, in an attempt to sort out my Mk2 Storm Rocco for the RR day at Stealth end of November, plus the fact that I had noticed an uneven treadwear on my Toyo Proxies on the front of my Storm, I thought it time to do something about it.

I have contacted several tyre places (ATS, Mr Tyre, Tyre Sales), and lo and behold, although they all claim they do wheel alignments, their definition of a wheel alignment isn't quite what I understand it to be. They only do the tracking, ... that's it. Can't do camber :mad:

Oh well, my bodyshop here in Coventry has done it before, so he'll have to do it again, then :lol: At least someone who's still capable of adjusting the camber :D .

Tempest

Having seen the amount of precision involved on Kev's VR6, can heartily reccomend Stealths full laser alignment service which uses official VAG kit. Very comprehensive.

Vehicle body repair shops are far more likely to have this equipment. They need it to sucessfully repair accident damage.

Yes, as mentioned above, I will take my Storm back to my bodyshop in Coventry, as £80 seems like another typical Stealth-price, unfortunately. My bodyshop charges far less, and is around the corner :-)

Still gets me how tyre places can claim to be doing wheel alignments whereas every textbook definition on the planet defines the term wheel alignment to include camber, except for tyre places' dictionaries, apparently :roll:

Tempest