Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

converting front end to that of a VR6

Im thinking of converting the front end of my corrado to a VR6 front bumper and assembly, how hard is it to do and does anyone have any angled shots of what their VR6 looks like from the side? the angle on the fog lights is drastically different than a G60, thanks.

all I need is the bumper right? and the fogs I know

very easy if you're just swapping bumpers. I dont know how the US early and late front end differ though? as in our's changed in '92 for the late bonnet and wings.

You'll find that the later front bumper comes out further where it meets the arch due to the early wings being slimmer... you can fit the later fogs and indicators in the early bumper though - you just have to remove a small section of plastic inside the apperture...

But he'll still end up with the side markers changing just the fogs...

I'd want to get rid of them ugly little lights if I had a US spec car.

well what my problem is, is that I have 93 VR6 fogs from the UK and I need a way to get them in, well they dont fit properly, something is hitting, what I need to do is to get the fogs from a VR and put the whole assembly in but it looks like there is a piece of plastic that the blinker notches fit into well mine dont fit, AND the blinkers are angled differently between G60's and VR's so I need the fogs anyway but getting them into the bumper should be interesting,