Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Nuggets away for a couple of days.....

....having its fuel lines replaced and its toothed belt drive fitted - so looking forward to getting it back on Tuesday - resprayed RS2 bumper will be ready this week as well, just a pity the car will be sitting on my dads drive in Cheshire for a month and a bit from next weekend

John has kindly phoned me and let me hear my motor now that it has its toothed belt drive fitted - noise is awesome. John has introduced a little tweak to the system for me - not told me what it is but I'm sure all will be revealed tomorrow

andy - i would really like to see and talk to you/people who have had this done as it's a mod that i would like to have done, but reckon i should have the fmic done first but would rather have this done first :? i do like that feeling tho when you get things done :)

Thanks for the comments peeps

Chubbybrown - I'm not convinced how the front bumper will look but seeing as though someone reversed in to me last week and took some paint off the original I thought I'd spend the money getting the RS2 sprayed

JT-G60 - I've wanted this mod for ages and persauded John to sell me his last one, the tweak he has introduced, he reckons, has made it the best one he has done so far. Luckily I already have a big FMIC and the toothed drive was the last "affordable" upgrade to be done before the bigger projects start going

"affordable" i know that feeling, but yeah it's a mod that i've only heard good things about and would really like to have a look/listen at someone's car who has had it done, hopefully someone at stealth on the 27th will have it and i can bug them about it then.... :D

I'll be at stealth and I have a 65mm Toothed Belt Kit thanks to Darren at G-Werks - Whole new design that looks awesome. Also Henny will have the older style 68.something toothed pulley kit. More than enough for you to have a butchers at!

Also the price with the new pulley kits are lower than the previous ones so get down to the £300ish mark as opposed to £375ish that they used to be!

ah nice cheers blue_joe will have a good old lookif thats ok with you hows the car comin along :?:

Picked the Nugget up tonight - Toothed Belt Drive sounds absolutely awesome and definitely makes the car more responsive. John has removed the original sprung tensioner (it had been butchered by good old Jabba anyway) and replaced it with a simple tensioner bar. Works superbly and work will start soon on a prettier and permanent tensioner

Mine should be all back together by the end of the weekend and up to manchester to be remapped on tuesday all being well!!!!!!!

Picked the Nugget up tonight - Toothed Belt Drive sounds absolutely awesome and definitely makes the car more responsive. John has removed the original sprung tensioner (it had been butchered by good old Jabba anyway) and replaced it with a simple tensioner bar. Works superbly and work will start soon on a prettier and permanent tensioner

There allready readilly available for a very good price. we buy them in when required as not worth the time/cost in producing them ourselves. They should cost no more than about £50.00 even if you only buying one

I like the look of that - may well invest in one of those when house move is out of the way - whats delivery like?

I actually have box of them on there way now. so ill let you know usally about 5 working days.

andy- i bet it sounds lovely :) hopefully will get to see your car one day

Cant beat it, i have had the JMR tooth belt drive for about a year now and it always the first thing that people comment on.

yup, been running toothed belts for nearly 2 years now and the only problem was a chewed belt which happened when the car was in an accident...

Sounds awesome and makes the power delivery sooooo instant... 8)