Sign in to follow this  
conleycrew3

firm throttle peddle

hi, is it just me or is there anybody else out there with a "firm / stiffer" feeling trottle peddle?

every other car i have driven has a looser peddle than me

it isnt a problem more an advantage but it has been bugging me since i bought my raddo wether it is normal or not?

very useful for motorway, you dont need to aply pressure at all, just rest your foot on side of foot well touching the peddle and wahey you feel like you have cruise control!!!

cheers

ben

you know my pedal roughness changes, I prefer the harder throttle though when it comes around, its much more of a feel thing I guess, I wear pilotis so anything that helps me feel more = better.

bewarned a stiff pedel will make the gromet on the pedel stretch and the cable will pop out leavingyou with no throttle at all. happen to me twice over a weekend before i could get to the stealer and get a new cable and gromet

Change the throttle cable.

They get progressively stiffer with age, you will be amazed how much difference a new one makes.

Think it's about £20-30, but take your reg number or VIN to the dealers, cos there's a vast number of different types and you MUST have exactly the right one.