Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

A close shave...

Hmmm...if that is definitely the law then maybe I should make a few calls next time he leaves mud all over the road on this other corner, see if anything happens (doubt it).

If a tractor/farm vehicle leaves mud on the road which has dropped from it's tyres (or anywhere on the vehicle) technically it's classed as an insecure load and they can get procecuted for that. Technically they should have a tyre bath which they have to drive through before they drive on a public road to ensure that they don't leave mud all over the road. Although, as Yan says, it's only ever enforced if there's a serious accident... :|

they are required to clean it up and they should put warning signs up until they do clean it

my mates insurance is taking a famer to court as he came off his bike causing 4k worth of damage due to mud on the road

I have a whole issue with agricultural machinery being on public roads full stop, but there's nowt I can do to change that.

Hope your mate gets a good result there Gixxer, it's dangerous. A biker overtook me on a country road yesterday lunchtime. We weren't racing and he wasn't going fast but he was accelerating and his bike started fish tailing on, you guessed it, mud left on the road by tractors. He managed to straighten it up thankfully but I was preparing myself for the worst as he looked like he was going to lose it.

Tractors....oh dont talk to me about tractors! There is a farmer that has decided to us the A31 between Ringwood and Cadnam in the mornings in rush hour. That bit of the A31 has to be 10 miles long, and he plods along while a 10mph traffic jam follows for miles. I could nock the blokes head off!

speaking of farmers and leaving mud on the road. A local farmer here had been doing the usual dumping mud on the road as he went from his field to his farm (about 200 yards doen the road). Last week driving home i felt the mud under my tyres and slowed down, where the mud was there was a slight peak and turn in the road and my car twitched as i went over the peak and round the slight bend, next morning a car had crash on that strip of road... sad thing is the car had gone straight into the farmers fence and into his front garden. needless to say that night the road had been cleaned by contractors.